Firefox 47 è stato rilasciato lo scorso 7 giugno 2016. Ecco le principali novità:
- NEW - Support for Google’s Widevine CDM on Windows and Mac OS X so streaming services like Amazon Video can switch from Silverlight to encrypted HTML5 video.
- NEW - Enable VP9 video codec for users with fast machines
- NEW - Embedded YouTube videos now play with HTML5 video if Flash is not installed.
- NEW - View and search open tabs from your smartphone or another computer in a sidebar
- NEW - Allow no-cache on back/forward navigations for https resources
- NEW - Latgalu [ltg] locale added. Wikipedia tells us there are 164,500 daily speakers.
- FIXED - Various security fixes
- CHANGED - FUEL (Firefox User Extension Library) has been removed. Add-ons relying on it will stop working.
- CHANGED - The browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand preference has been reset to its default value (true) to avoid e10s performance problems. Because faster is better!
- CHANGED - The Firefox click-to-activate plugin whitelist has been removed.
- DEVELOPER - View, start,and debug registered Service Workers in the Service Workers developer tool
- DEVELOPER - Simulate Push messages in the Service Workers developer tool
- DEVELOPER - 'Start' button for service workers in about:debugging to start registered Service Workers
- DEVELOPER - Changes that can affect add-on compatibility
- DEVELOPER - Added support for ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher suites
- DEVELOPER - Custom user agents supported in Responsive Design Mode
- DEVELOPER - Smart multi-line input in the Web Console
- HTML5 - cuechange events are now available on TextTrack objects
- HTML5 - WebCrypto: PBKDF2 supports SHA-2 hash algorithms
- HTML5 - WebCrypto: RSA-PSS signature support
- UNRESOLVED - Known issue with old invalid paper size printing preferences (Bug 1276717)
- UNRESOLVED - Selenium WebDriver may cause Firefox to crash on startup, use Marionette WebDriver instead