Firefox 49 è stato rilasciato lo scorso 20 settembre 2016. Ecco le principali novità:
- NEW - Updated Firefox Login Manager to allow HTTPS pages to use saved HTTP logins. It’s one more way Firefox is supporting Let’s Encrypt and helping users transition to a more secure web.
- NEW - Added features to Reader Mode that make it easier on the eyes and the ears
- Controls that allow users to adjust the width and line spacing of text
- Narrate, which reads the content of a page out loud
- NEW - Improved video performance for users on systems that support SSSE3 without hardware acceleration
- NEW - Added context menu controls to HTML5 audio and video that let users loops files or play files at 1.25x speed
- NEW - Enhancements for Mac users
- Improved performance on OS X systems without hardware acceleration
- Improved appearance of anti-aliased OS X fonts
- NEW - Improvements in about:memory reports for tracking font memory usage
- NEW - Improve performance on Windows systems without hardware acceleration
- FIXED - Fixed an issue that prevented users from updating Firefox for Mac unless they originally installed Firefox. Now, those users as well as any user with administrative credentials can update Firefox.
- FIXED - Various security fixes
- CHANGED - Ended Firefox for Mac support for OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
- CHANGED - Ended Firefox for Windows support for SSE processors
- CHANGED - Removed Firefox Hello
- CHANGED - Re-enabled the default for Graphite2 font shaping
- DEVELOPER - Added a Cause column to the Network Monitor to show what caused each network request
- DEVELOPER - Introduced web speech synthesis API
- UNRESOLVED - Older installations of Websense (before version 8.1) may cause a startup crash for Windows users